Mel Foster Co. has announced it has earned the 2022 Top Workplaces in Iowa, partnership with The Des Moines Register and Energage, a purpose-driven organization that develops solutions to build and brand Top Workplaces. The Top Workplaces program has a 15-year history of surveying more than 20 million employees and recognizing the top organizations across 60 markets for regional Top Workplaces awards.” The list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through the third-party survey. The anonymous survey measures several aspects of workplace culture, including alignment, execution, and connection, just to name a few.
“During this very challenging time, Top Workplaces has proven to be a beacon of light for organizations, as well as a sign of resiliency and strong business performance,” said Eric Rubino, Energage CEO. “When you give your employees a voice, you come together to navigate challenges and shape your path forward. Top Workplaces draw on real-time insights into what works best for their organization, so they can make informed decisions that have a positive impact on their people and their business.”
Since its founding over 100 years ago, Mel Foster Co. has become a highly preferred real estate company by top-performing agents and staff dedicated to helping clients buy or sell a home. The company utilizes a team approach that reinforces the family atmosphere at the offices. A commitment to supporting fellow family-owned businesses that help build strong communities is one of the core values that agents and staff regularly state as a reason they continue working at Mel Foster Co.
Lynsey Engels, President Real Estate Brokerage commented on receiving this prestigious honor. “Recognition as a Top Workplace in Iowa is a credit to our agents and staff who support and encourage each other. The people of Mel Foster Co. make the company a great place to work. It is an honor for the company to be recognized by our agents and staff.”
For more information about Mel Foster Co., please visit www.melfosterco.com.
You’re thinking about becoming a homeowner for the first time. What steps do you take in preparation, and what are some homeownership costs?
Start With A Plan
Start by creating a realistic budget. Jot down your current expenses like car loans, monthly credit card payments and grocery expenses. But what new costs will you need to account for?
- Property taxes – Search local tax records on like properties to get an idea of the cost.
- Homeowner’s insurance – A Mel Foster insurance agent can provide an estimate.
- Utilities – Credit counseling agencies claim that owners spend 5-10% of their annual income on utilities, including electric, water, gas, garbage, cable and streaming.
Prepare So You’ll Be Ready
Take steps that will simplify the buying process when the time is right to begin your search.
- Find a Mel Foster Co. agent and communicate what you’re looking for.
- Continue to set money aside, so you have a down payment.
- Check your credit score and work to improve it.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage so financing won’t hold up a sale down the road.
Financial Assistance Programs Are Available
First-time buyers often have access to state programs, tax breaks and federally backed loans that can be approved even if you don’t have the minimum down payment. For example, take time to search DPA (Down Payment Assistance) loan options that can help cover the upfront costs of a down payment. Government-sponsored and private programs can help you pay closing costs, which often represent 3-6% of the total loan amount.
Find more tips for homeowners.
See the latest trends in new home construction at the Fall 2022 Quad Cities Parade of Homes. Admission is free! Come and see the Parade of Homes:
Saturday, September 17 & Sunday, September 18 from 1pm-5pm
Wednesday, September 21 from 5pm-7pm
Saturday, September 24 & Sunday, September 25 from 1pm-5pm
- Ranch Style Villa
- Zero Entry, 4-Season Room or Covered Patio or Decks
- 2-3 Bedrooms & 2-3 Bathrooms
- 9′ Ceilings
- Quartz Countertops
- 3-4 Bedrooms & 2.5-3.5 Bathrooms
- Walk-Out Lots Available
- Large Walk-In Pantry
- Oversized Island With Upgraded Appliance Package
- 4 Bedroooms & 3.5 Bathrooms
- Stunning Floor Plan
- Over 1,600 Square Feet Of Living Space
- Open Concept Kitchen With Quartz Countertops
- 3 Bedroooms & 2 Bathrooms
- Full Basement With Bright Daylight Windows
To view all the homes in the Fall Parade or to see more homes for sale, visit Mel Foster Co.